So here I am providing a DBMS important questions which are listed below –
1. What do you mean by DBMS ? How it is better than file processing system .
2. What are the function of a database administrators with regard to database security .
3. Explain tupple , Attribute and domain .
4. Define Logical and Physical Database system .
5. Write short notes on :
A. Data Definition Language ( DDL )
B. Data Manipulation Language ( DML )
6. Explain Mapping Constraints .
7. Write short notes on –
• Hierarchical model with example
• Database Task Group ( DBTG )
• Flash Memory
• Magnetic Tape
• Relational Query Language
8. Explain Structured Query Language ( SQL )
9. Explain Recovery Procedure that need to take place after disk crash .
10. Explain Access Control Mechanisms .
11. Discuss advantages and disadvantages produced by distributed database system .
12. Explain the various schemes for data fragmentation .
13. Define Crash Recovery .
14. Difference between DDL , VDL and SDL .
15. Write short notes on –
• DML Compiler
• Transparent dbms
• Rdms kernel
Some other important questions for exam –
Q. What do you mean by Data independence ?
Ans. In Data Independence Application does not depend on storage structure , basically two types of data independence which are listed below –
• Physical Data independence – Any changes in Physical Level Should not affect the logical level .
• Logical Data Independence – Any changes in Logical level should not affect the view level .
Q. What is an Attribute ?
Ans. Its is a particular property which describes the entity .
Q. What is join dependency ?
Ans. Join dependency – join dependency is generalization of multivalued dependency , A join dependency ( R1 , R2 , ……… Rn ) is said to hold over a relation R if R1 , R2 ,…. , Rn is a lossless join decomposition of R . There is no set of sound and complete inference rules for join dependency .
Q. Write disadvantage of file processing –
• Security problem
• Data integrity
• facing problem in accessing data